Monday, March 17, 2008

Progress check

What have I compiled so far?
- Many notes from my case studies, some for every case study and particularly detailed notes for Jamie Bulger and Dawson college
- Notes from inportant books, for example those by W. James Potter. Consists of research done into television effects, with some statistics that I could easily use
- Extracts from newspaper articles relevant to my specific case studies, particularly Jamie Bulger
- Online questionnaire asking for some basic views about copycat crime. 15 questionnaires returned.
- Initial proposal and detailed proposal
- Notes from theorists, particularly on the opposing side of the debate as to whether there is such thing as copycat crime
- Some notes on research studies done, including the Bobo doll experiment and other similar studies
- Definitions/looked at relevant theories, such as hypodermic needle model

What do I still need to do
- More depth of research into existing research studies, particularly ones that show no link between media and crime
- Brainstorm questions for the one-to-one interviews
- Conduct my one-to-one interviews
- Analysis of methods of research
-

No comments: